The Brain Attack Coalition is a group of professional, voluntary and governmental entities dedicated to reducing the occurrence, disabilities and death associated with stroke. The goal of the Coalition is to strengthen and promote the relationships among its member organizations in order to help people who have had a stroke or are at risk for a stroke.
The Brain Attack Coalition is chaired by Dr. Michael D. Walker, former Director of Stroke, Trauma and Neurodegenerative Disorders at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
The Brain Attack Coalition website is maintained by the NINDS staff. The structure and ongoing content management of the site is directed and evaluated by the Coalition website Subcommittee.
The following organizations are members of the Coalition:
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American Stroke Association, a Division of American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
- National Association of EMS Physicians
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- National Stroke Association
- Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery
- Stroke Belt Consortium
- Veterans Administration