What is Tamsulosin?
Tamsulosin is used for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasis in short form BPH.
Tamsulosin drug helps in relaxing the muscles of the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier for urination
Tamsulosin is a curative drug for the improvement in urination which a man suffers because of an enlarged prostate.
In men urethra passes through the prostate gland or in easy words a tube which carries the urine from the bladder to the penile called urethra. As the men age rises, the prostate gland increases its size and the muscle cells resting in the prostate gland and the neck of the bladder that control the urine flow get tight. This combination of tightening and enlargement of muscles wraps the urethra and creates obstruction in passing urine.
Tamsulosin is the FDA approved drug in 1997 and used to cure urination problems in men. Tamsulosin should not be taken for the problem of high blood pressure.
What are the Tamsulosin generic Side effects?
Tamsulosin medication is prescribed for a man who suffers from enlarged prostrate. Some common side effects have been noticed. They are:
- Decreased red blood cell and white blood cells
- Vomiting, nausea
- Bitter taste on tongue
- Pain in stomach, dizziness, headache
- Loss of appetite
- Reduction in weight
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Rashness on the body
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Increased triglycerides
- Prolonged erection
- Low blood pressure
- Vision problems
What is the exact Tamsulosin dosage?
Tamsulosin tablets should be taken as per the prescription of health care provider. Doctor’s mostly prescribe 0.4 or 0.8 mg per day after half an hour of the food. The drug should be taken on same time everyday.
Do not take Tamsulosin empty stomach as it may cause serious low blood pressure and even cause life threatening symptoms.
What if Tamsulosin overdose taken?
Tamsulosin always be taken with prescription and same dosage as recommended by doctor. Overdose symptoms include severe headache, dizziness or fainting. Immediately call your doctor and fix an appointment with him and tell him your feelings.
Special warnings for the Tamsulosin medication
- Take the drug at the same time every day without missing. If you missed a dosage, take it immediately as you remember. Do not take overdose of the drug.
- Take the drug with glass full of water after half an hour of the meal
- Do not change the dosage of drug on your own.
- Do not discontinue the drug without doctor’s prescription
- Drug is exclusively made for men. Women and children has to be keep away from the Tamsulosin pills
- Tamsulosin should not be taken if you are allergic to its component named as tamsulosin
- In a start, Tamsulosin might shows contradictions like dizziness, faintness etc. do no drive or do the activity which requires full concentration.
- Tamsulosin might effect your optic nerve during cataract surgery. Do inform your eye surgeon before undergoing for the eye treatment. You might has to stop the Tamsulosin drug for short span of time.
- Tamsulosin drug has been noticed that sometimes it effects on blood pressure. Please keep in contact with your doctor and regularly check your blood pressure
- Be cautions when taking Tamsulosin drug for high blood pressure
- Swallow Tamsulosin with water. Do not crush or chew it as it tastes might bitter your tongue.
- Keep the drug away from direct sunlight and heat.
What other things I have to tell my doctor before taking Tamsulosin?
- Do not consume Tamsulosin with other medication that might interact with the drug and could cause serious issue to the body.
- If you suffered from the prostate cancer in past, your doctor might adjust your dose or may ask you for regular tests.
- Tamsulosin is not for use in women.
- Tamsulosin is not for usage in children.
What should I avoid with Tamsulosin medication?
Tamsulosin may effect on your thinking or reactions. Be cautions if you are driving or doing any activity that requires your full concentration.
To get rid of dizziness, it is preferable to avoid standing for long time or becoming overheated while exerciseing and in hot weather.
Avoid usage of alcholol and grapefruit products with Tamsulosin as it might effect on your blood pressure.
Questions and Answers
Q1. Does Tamsulosin helps in removing kidney stones?
A1. Yes right, Tamsulosin also helps in treatment of removing kidney stones. It reduces the pain and removes the stones soon. Drink plenty of water with drug. it shows its effects even after second dosage
Q2. Is Tamsulosin 0.4mg appropriate for my Benign Prostate Hyperplasis?
A2. The answer is tough to solve. As the dosage of Tamsulosin medication should be decided by the doctor according to the condition because some times higher dosage i.e Tamsulosin 0.8 has been given to the patient. For the best results of the drug always take the drug as prescribed by the doctor.
Q3. Are their other alternative drug present in the market?
A3. Yes you may find out more drugs for BPH in the market. But Tamsulosin is best among them
Q4. What is the cost of Tamsulosin?
A4. Tamsulosin cost is very low in front of its advantages. It shows its effects immediately and a patient gets relief within few times
Q5. Does Tamsulosin is also available in Tamsulosin Nasal Spray?
A5. No Tamsulosin is not for nasal problems and doesn’t come in Nasal spray.
Q6. What Tamsulosin manufacturers recommends about the drug?
A6. Tamsulosin manufacturers get the approval of drug from FDA in 1997. They are selling their product from that year. Tamsulosin success is increasing day by day.
Tamsulosin manufacturers suggest that the drug is made exclusively for men. A women has to avoid the medication if the benefits overshadows the risk. Especially a breast-feeding mom has to be away from drug
Q7. Does Tamsulosin leads to erectile dysfuntion?
A7. No this is a myth. Tamsulosin doesn’t effect on the penile area though it is recorded that very less patients received the problem of priapism that means painful erection. Otherwise Tamsulosin has no connection with impotency.
Q8. Does patients suffering from sulfa allergy should take Tamsulosin?
A8. Precautions should be taken while administering Tamsulosin to the patient suffering from sulfa allergy. Some allergic reaction might occur.
Q9. Can I buy Tamsulosin online?
A9. Yes all reputed online pharmacies are offering real Tamsulosin to treat BPH problem. Some are even offering discounted Tamsulosin to attract more users. You can order today and enjoy the benefits of next day delivery.
Q10. What if we combine Avodart with Tamsulosin?
A10. Avodart drug is used for the treatment of urinary problems with enlarge prostrate and when taken with Tamsulosin, both becomes a very good combination to quickly solve the BPH problem.
Q11. What is the combination of Tamsulosin and cataract surgery?
A11. Tamsulosin might interact when you are undergoing for cataract surgery. As it relaxes the muscles of the body. Do inform your doctor if you are suffering from any eye problem and going for eye surgery. You have to stop the drug or change in dosage required.