Weather Radio for People with Hearing Loss
Now that the “violent weather season” is here or approaching (depending on where you live) you’ll probably want to check out a wonderful website that explains how people with hearing loss can be assured of being alerted in the event of impending dangerous weather. Developed in part by Vincent (Bim) Wood, who is deaf, the site contains a wealth of information regarding weather radio and special needs weather radio. It addresses questions such as:
* What is NOAA Weather Radio?
* What is the special-needs NOAA Weather Radio?
* What are the weather alerting needs of deaf and hard-of-hearing persons?
* What does the special-needs NOAA Weather Radio do in times of inclement weather?
* Where can you obtain information on the special-needs NOAA Weather Radio?
If you live in an area that’s prone to inclement weather, you owe it to your self to check this site out. Point your browser to http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/
– See more at: http://hearinglossweb.com/weather-radio-for-people-with-hearing-loss/#sthash.KN8ZBSsZ.dpuf