Zarxio (Filgrastim) ®- Go Generic and save Money on Zarxio
Zarxio is the first biosimilar drug,that is made by Sandoxand owned by Swiss drug maker Novartis. In market it known as Fligrastim. This is used to treat cancer receiving Myelosuppressive chemotherapy, cancer undergoing bone marrow transplantation and acute myeloid leukaemia receiving induction or consolidation chemotherapy. It also recommended by healthcare professionals for autologous peripheral blood progenitor cell collection and therapy. It is recommended by doctor for patient of neutropenia, a death of white blood cells that can be a result of cancer or other medical issues or therapies.
Zarxio called the first generic biopharmaceutical. But “generic” refers to small molecule drugs that are off-patent and made an sold at a fraction of their original cost by companies other than the original manufacturing companies.Generic versions save money and do work in the body exactly as the brand-name drug does.
Zarxio Dosing, Strength and Administration
Its dosage vary in different cases For example
- Patients with cancer receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy
- Usually doctor recommend starting dosage of ZARXIO is 5 mcg/kg/day as single daily injection by subcutaneous injection, by short intravenous infusion that would be 15 to 30 minutes. Zarxio administer at least 24 hours after cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- Patients with cancer undergoing bone marrow transplantation
- For bone marrow transplantation Zarxio recommended dosage is 10 mcg/kg/day given as as intravenous infusion no longer than 24 hours.
- Dosage in Patient with Chronic Neutropenia
- Recommended dosage for these patients is 6 mcg/kg as twice daily subcutaneous injection and recommended starting dosage in patient with Idiopathic is 5 mcg/kg as a single daily injection.
- I t is strictly recommended don’t use Zarxio in first 24 hours of chemotherapy
Zarxio Price and Cost
Zarxio wholesale list price will be $275.66 for the 300 mcg syringe and $438.98 for the 480 mcg.
Zarxio is sold online and locally only as a prescription only medication. You can buy it from reputable online drug suppliers like CancerDrugs.supply.You have the option to go for brand Zarxio drugs, if your budget will allow, or cheaper generic versions of the drugs at up to 90% lower prices.
At CancerDrugs.supply, you can take advantage of an all time lowest brand price of drugs at good prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
“What are the side effects of Filgrastim?”
The most common side effects of Filgrastim are aching in bones/muscles, and redness, swelling, or itching at the injection site.
“Can we useZarxio for all the same indications as Neupogen?”
Yes. Zarxio can be used for the same five FDA-approved indications as Neupogen (at a reduced cost). This help to create more white blood cells in body and prevent infection during and after chemotherapy
“What should I do if I miss a dose? ”
Inform your doctor immediately to receive the missed dose and to form a new schedule for the medication. Otherwise, it is advisable to keep all your appointments for best results with Zarxio.
“Was neutropenic and after several (3) injections of Neupogen, my white cell count was greatly increased. I had one injection in the arm and two in the stomach. I feel Achy and tired for several days after injections, but now feeling much better less than a week later.”
I have been on Zarxio medication for the past five months. So for I have received five injections at starting I just feel abdominal pain, back pain, and some time nausea but now its good. Hopefully I will be fine soon.